Microsoft Edge browser in Microsoft Windows 10 uses Bing as its default search engine,. If you are willing to change the default search engine in Microsoft edge browser.
Then read this guide on “Change the default search engine in Edge “.
Windows Edge browser gives you the flexibility to modify the Microsoft Edge start page “Where To Next?” which is an address bar and a default search engine.
Also, It will give you a broader sense to set and choose the default web page or website when you launch the Microsoft Edge browser in Windows 10. In this guide, we will learn both the ways.
Recommended: Get Help With File Explorer In Windows 10
Windows Edge browser is very candid and convenient to use. Your queries will search in the Bing search engine as it is a default search engine in Microsoft Edge.
You may still want to keep Bing search engine as default search engine in Microsoft Edge browser because it is also one of the best search engine around the internet.
If you want the “Where To Next?” search box to search your queries using Google search engine and want to make Google default search engine in Microsoft Edge, Please follow the below steps.
- Open the Windows Edge browser by clicking the pre-pinned Edge browser on your taskbar, which will show you the “Where to Next?” search bar and few news feeds by Microsoft Edge browser. Try searching something in the search bar and hit enter. You will be redirected to the Bing search result because bing is default search engine in Microsoft Edge.
- Now, If we want the Microsoft Edge browser to search your queries in Google by using the “Where To Next?” search bar and you want to change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge then it will be done through Microsoft Edge Settings. In very few clicks, you will get Google search engine instead of Bing search engine. Let us see how we will do it in a few simple steps.
Change The Default Search Engine In Microsoft Edge
To change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge browser, please follow the steps:-
Step 1: On the top right corner of the Microsoft Edge browser click on the “Three Dots“, a mini window will appear under that, click on the “Settings” at the bottom of the window.
Step 2: Now you will see “Open With“, make sure “Open With” should be set to “Start Page” as shown below,
Step 3: After this scroll down, When you keep scrolling down you will see the “View Advanced Settings” Option, Just click on it as shown in below screenshot.
Step 4: Now, In “View Advanced Settings” you will see many options but you have to select “Change” button under “Search in the address bar with” as shown below.
Step 5: In the next screen you will see a list of search engines and websites. If your desired search engine is already listed here, then you can click on it and then click “Set As Default” to change the default search engine in Microsoft edge. Now you have change the default search engine in Microsoft Edge browser.
Make Search From The Address Bar Or From The new Tab Page. You can now type your query in the edge browser address bar in Windows 10 and hit enter. It will automatically search your queries in the newly set Google default search engine. So this is how we make Google as default search engine Windows 10.
If you want to search your query quickly in the Microsoft edge browser in Windows 10 with the “Shortcut“ keys you need to press Ctrl + T to open a new tab page or Ctrl + L to focus on the same current page and try your searches.
Make Google My Homepage And Search Engine
Here we will learn how to make Google default search engine. You just need to follow two simple steps:
Step 1: Go to “Settings” and set the “Open With” option to “A Specific Page Or Pages” and select “Custom” from below drop down.
Step 2: Now in the next step after clicking “Custom” option you need to remove the other websites which are present by default in it. If you see it otherwise, you need just to put your site name in the web address box, e.g., http://www.google.com and click on the “+” button to add it to your web address.
After this, you are all done. Now close edge browser and open it again, this time, you will see you have redirected to the Google’s home page and not the “Bing” start page 🙂 In this way you make Google my homepage and search engine.
Note: After applying this option you will not be able to use the “Where To Next?” address bar.
So now you have learned how to change the default search engine in Microsoft edge, Make google default search engine and make Google default search engine.
For Any Query About The Guide, Please Let Us Know And Feel Free To Comment Below. I Hope You Enjoyed Reading, Stay Tunned For More Windows 10 Guides & Tutorials. Happy Surfing Visit Us Again 🙂
Also Read: How To Change Ringtone In Windows 10 Mobile
- standard suchmaschine anpassen in microsoft edge
- изменение поисковой системы по умолчанию в microsoft edge
- cambiar el motor de búsqueda predeterminado de microsoft edge
- de standaardzoekmachine in microsoft edge wijzigen
- modificare il motore di ricerca predefinito in microsoft edge
- modifier le moteur de recherche pas défaut sous microsoft edge
- cambiar el motor de búsqueda predeterminado en microsoft edge
- ändern der standardsuchmaschine in microsoft edge